[f-nsp] RX-32 with a "TM No Line Rate" error?

Niels Bakker niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net
Mon Aug 22 11:39:25 EDT 2011

Please start a new thread rather than replying to an earlier email and
changing the Subject line.

* dave at terabitsystems.com (Dave Peters) [Thu 18 Aug 2011, 19:07 CEST]:
>Just grabbed a show tech-support from an RX-32 running 2.7.2e, and
>I've got the following alarm, which doesn't replicate itself in the
>logs:
>
>ALARM:Aug 18 16:12:59: TM No Line Rate: LP29/TM4  (Number of up links: 4)
>ALARM:Aug 18 16:12:57: TM No Line Rate: LP29/TM3  (Number of up links: 4)
>ALARM:Aug 18 16:12:55: TM No Line Rate: LP29/TM2  (Number of up links: 4)
>ALARM:Aug 18 16:12:52: TM No Line Rate: LP29/TM1  (Number of up links: 4)
>
>Poking around the Brocade pdfs hasn't given me much information.
>Does anyone know what might be the cause of this?  The rest of the
>show tech information is clean, and the cards inside the 32 slot are
>running fine.

There aren't enough links up on the linecard in slot 29 towards all
switch fabric cards for full linerate performance on all ports.
Do you have eight of them installed in the chassis, and powered up?
It may have been a transient situation.  "show snm-links by-lp all"
should show the warning at the end if it persists, and will also show
what links are down that could/should be up (that is, the equiv
command on MLX will).

	-- Niels.