[f-nsp] Current Total Free Memory [...] is below 5 percent of Installed Memory.

Franz Georg Köhler lists at openunix.de
Wed Dec 14 06:32:50 EST 2011

Hello,

I am currently seeing a lot of those messages on a MLX:

WARN: Current Total Free Memory (22589440) on LP 1 is below 5 percent of Installed Memory.

Since the RAM usage seems to remain stable at 96% on this line card, I wonder if:

- it is generally considered to be save to run the LP modules at 4% of free memory
- if so: can logging be configured to print warnings at another treshhold?
  I could only find such a configuration directive for the CAM memory
  ("cam-partition logging").