[f-nsp] Current Total Free Memory [...] is below 5 percent of Installed Memory.

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Wed Dec 14 16:16:49 EST 2011

Hi,

we had a MLX running at 2% free for approx. one year without any issues
except Foundry told us there is no way to avoid the error logging.
The value did not change during that year while changing amount of active
vlans, VEs, IP routes.

Try reducing the number of IP routes (system-max ip-cache or system-max
ip-route) and vlans (system-max vlan xy) till you reach 6% free if you
want it to disappear.
Take care that "system-max vlan" will limit the amount of vlans but not
the IDs that are used.
But it will limit the IDs used for the virtual interfaces (i.e. you can
set it to 500, you will be able to use vlan 501 but not ve 501). This is
very interesting if you use the same ID for ve and vlan and reduce the
value below the range of vlans you use. ;)

kind regards
Rolf Hanßen