[f-nsp] FlexLink functionality for FastIrons

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 14:39:23 EST 2011

I have transparent bridges (fw) without spt and the problem is not
with switches redundancy where we already can use mct like solutions
(two fcx stacked or cat3750). But as our l2 fw doesn't support spt
then flexlink/protected-links-group is only way to have redundancy.
Udld is not supported on these firewalls, only lacp.

On 12/22/11, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can use UDLD with protected link groups on Brocade equipment to
> provide similar functionality to LACP keepalives.  Also, have you
> considered configuring simultaneous utilization of all links between
> devices instead of active/standby?
>
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Robert Hass <robhass at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Eric Helm <helmwork at ruraltel.net> wrote:
>>> Yes... they call the feature "Protected Link Groups"
>>

>> Thanks Eric. Unfortunately according to docs it will not work with
>> LACP trunks. And this is our requirement as non-LCAP links can be up
>> then device is freezes LACP keepalives are solution here. It works in
>> Cisco, so we have to upgrade another time to Cisco.

Sent from my mobile device