[f-nsp] Problems connecting to SSH, not eating (empty) password (v5.1.0)

Gerwin Krist -|- Digitalus Webhosting & Webdesign gerwin at digitalus.nl
Wed Feb 2 03:53:32 EST 2011

Hi guys,

I'm trying to SSH to both our XMR-4000 machines. My (OpenSSH) client is asking
for a password (using password authentication) and it's not eating
the password. I added the user on the device:

telnet at gw01.dcg.zb#show users
Username            Password                           Encrypt   Priv
serveradmin         $1$I81..vs.$Widurx.Jm14z1g234HgFX0 enabled   0

[gerwin at gerwin ~]$ ssh -p 222 -l serveradmin XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
-=[ AUTHORIZED ACCESS ONLY - All login attempts are logged! ]=-

Password:
Password:
Password:
serveradmin at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

Also I tried it with an empty password which is a NO-GO too.

my ssh config:
ip ssh  authentication-retries 5
ip ssh  port 222
ip ssh  key-authentication no

Anyone has a suggestion why i cannot login on the machines?

- Gerwin