[f-nsp] FESX648 vs. NetIron CES 20204

Joel Mulkey joelm at gofreewire.com
Wed Feb 23 13:59:10 EST 2011

Yes, we had a substantial FESX network and last year swapped it out for a CES and XMR network. The FESX boxes worked well until pushed. Utilizing advanced features such as MRP, UDLD, OSPF, and BGP on them simultaneously showed their limitations. The CES uses dual CPUs, one for the linecard and one for the management processing, so it handles those advanced protocols much better. Our network is now far more stable than it was with the FESX equipment. Not to mention the expanded and improved feature support.

Joel Mulkey
CIO
Freewire Broadband
Direct: 503-616-2557 | Support: 503-614-8282
http://www.gofreewire.com
http://twitter.com/FreewireNetwork