[f-nsp] Upgrading IOS on a MLX-8

Gerwin Krist -|- Digitalus Webhosting gerwin at digitalus.nl
Sat Feb 26 05:27:41 EST 2011

Hi Patrick,

What the guys tell you is true, the upgrade documentation is
overwhelming. But basicly you need to update (just check what you have
currently with show version) at least for a XMR:

LP=linecard

* Ironware (MP/LP)
* MP - boot
* MP - monitor
* MP - mbridge
* LP - boot
* LP - monitor
* LP - FPGA (dunno if you can already use the FPGA bundle, else you have
to know which modules like PBIF or XPP)

* do a reload-check until everything is fine :)

Once done it's not that hard :-)

- Gerwin

On 02/25/2011 10:59 PM, Patrick Henderson wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I can handle Cisco iOS upgrade.  But now I am faced with upgrading iOS
> on a Foundry MLX-8 from 3.8 to 5.1.  I would appreciate if someone can
> give me a few general steps on how to go about this.  Thanks in advance.
>
> -Pat

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Gerwin Krist
Technical Manager

Digitalus Webhosting
First-class Internet Webhosting

Web:    http://www.digitalus.nl
E-mail: gerwin at digitalus.nl
Tel.:   +31 (0) 598 630000
Fax:    +31 (0) 598 631860

BOFH Wisdom:
Collapsed Backbone

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and