[f-nsp] XMR Software Upgrade Path from 4.0.1a

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Tue Jan 11 17:17:49 EST 2011

Hi Chris,

yes, looks like that I have to upgrade the FPGAs as well. But I'm a
little bit more interested in opinions concerning the 5.1 software in
general. How does it feel in the real - does anybody use this train in
production currently at all?

The main reason for the decision to upgrade our systems is that we
observed some (rare) FIB issues in the past, e.g. "IPv4/Pv6 route exist
but no corresponding record is in th FIB" or the other way around - we
saw "records in the FIB without a matching IPv4/IPv6 route".

I've checked nearly all release notes since 4.0.1a and every notes for a
newer version has make think "oh my good, don't use the former one" and
so I'm simply end up in 5.1 ;-).

--
Gerald   (ax/tc)