[f-nsp] Fwd: egress queue drops

Frederic Jaeckel jchome at jc-ix.net
Thu Jan 13 12:39:50 EST 2011

I do agree with the theory that packets should be dropped instead of
being buffered. But at 1 GE linerate fiber with <50% utilization and
around 100k packets/s this shouldn't happen with this kind of switch.

I tried the buffer-sharing-full command of Jared, but I'm still seeing
packets dropped within the first 10 minutes.

Cheers,
Frederic