[f-nsp] XMR Software Upgrade Path from 4.0.1a

Abello, Vinny Vinny_Abello at dell.com
Mon Jan 17 13:13:20 EST 2011

Hi Gerald,

Just wondering if you happened to upgrade to 5.1. We're actually running pre
4.x code on our XMR's and would like to upgrade to fix a few bugs and gain
features. There are specific features only introduced in 5.1 that are very
attractive to me. Wondering if you've pulled the trigger yet and how 5.1 is
running in your environment.

I also am wondering if there are any Hurricane Electric engineers on this
list. I know their backbone is largely based (if not entirely) on the XMR
platform, both from what I've read and having actually seen one of their
core routers in a cage we are both in. I was curious as to what code
revision they might be running as I'm sure they have extensive experience
with the XMR on their dual stack v4/v6 backbone. Plus I've rarely heard of
or have seen any major issues with Hurricane Electric so I'd assume they're
relatively happy with the code revision they are running. I might just ask
our Brocade rep if they'd be willing to find out and share that information
with us if possible.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Dell | Physician Services