[f-nsp] XMR Software Upgrade Path from 4.0.1a

Abello, Vinny Vinny_Abello at dell.com
Wed Jan 19 16:35:12 EST 2011

You'd see this if your IP MTU's are dissimilar across your network anywhere.
This bit us because our links can vary in MTU size depending on the provider
of the circuit or link type. On our Cisco devices, they by default try to
use path-mtu-discovery to optimize the iBGP communication. This resulted in
MTU blackholes and stalled/flapping iBGP sessions on IPv6 between Cisco
routers where an XMR was in the path. It could affect many things depending
on your topology, configuration and applications, or you might not see it at
all.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Dell | Physician Services