[f-nsp] 10G-SFPP-ER + Turboiron 24x

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Jul 19 17:43:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

I need to connect a TurboIron 24x to a WDM system across a 15Km dark fiber span over 10G.

Unfortunately, the WDM system has 1550nm optics and the TurboIron 24x only officially supports 1310nm SFP+ optics via their product documentation.

My question is, has anyone ever tried to use one of the 10G-SFPP-ER optics in a turboiron 24? or does anyone know of another 3rd party optic that would work?

I obviously don't need a SFP+ that is rated for 40Km, I only need about 15km (actually the loss on the dark fiber is only 7dBm).

Has anyone had any luck with this issue?

thanks,
-Drew