[f-nsp] Rconsole and MLX

Niels Bakker niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net
Tue Mar 22 14:48:21 EDT 2011

* dave at terabitsystems.com (Dave Peters) [Tue 22 Mar 2011, 17:18 CET]:
>I've had a little trouble with traffic on a 10 gig port from an
>NI-MLX, and I'm hearing about some rconsole commands that can help
>me get to the bottom of things (I hope).  Unfortunately, I'm not
>finding a lot of information on the Brocade site.

Yeah, the levels at which "a little trouble with traffic" can be
debugged in a switch quickly goes from easy commands to
deep-down-in-the-inner-tubings of the switch fabric modules.  The
latter requires knowledge that only developers at Brocade have (like
what registers in the FAPs serve what purpose; only in proprietary
documentation about the chips used).

It'd help tremendously if you could be a *little* bit more specific in
describing your problem.  You don't mention whether you have a 4 or an
8 port 10G module, what software release you're running, what exactly
you are seeing in practice, what steps you have undertaken to
reproduce the problem, etc.

Are TM counters in "sh int" congruent with NP counters?  Are you
seeing errors on SFM links?  Any oldest discards in "sh tm stat"?

If you're not running 5.0.00e you probably should upgrade to that first.

	-- Niels.