[f-nsp] TE for the same VLL peers

Romain DEGEZ romain.degez at smartjog.com
Thu Mar 31 17:06:39 EDT 2011

>> We've steered clear of the VPLS model for these services to avoid
>> learning all the MAC addresses. Eliminating VLL as an option will force
>> us into a cost/benefit for these services; which isn't a bad thing, just
>> means we need to get out of the test lab and into CAM / memory planning
>> mode.
>>
>> Do you happen to know if Brocade plans to allow VLLs a similar
>> configuration?
>
> Hi
>
> There is another way if I remember well : define a COS value in the LSP
> configuration and use the same cos for the vll. (the cos is an optional
> parameter at vll creation)
>
> That way, the vll will use the first LSP to destination that match its COS.

Quoting the documentation:

Syntax: vll <vll-name> <vll-vc-id> [cos <cos value>] [raw-mode]
The <vll-vc-id> corresponds to the user-configurable ID defined in draft
ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-14.txt.

You can optionally specify a Class of Service (COS) setting for the VLL. If a
COS value is set, the device selects a tunnel LSP that also has this COS value,
if one is available. If no tunnel LSP with this COS value is available, the
device selects a tunnel LSP with the highest configured COS value (although
never higher than the COS setting for the VLL). The COS value can be between 0 – 7.

--
Rdg