[f-nsp] BGP question on same AS for two locations

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Sun May 15 11:50:32 EDT 2011

Hello Qinxue,

actually you can do that (we have such a setup running for nearly 10 yeras
now).
You need to take care of 2 things:
- the upstream sessions must have allowas-in configured
- your upstream provider that connects your locations needs to send you
routes with your AS in path. In our case he stopped doing that after
moving from Cisco to Juniper one day (told us it is a different default
behaviour) which resulted in an outage.

regards
Rolf