[f-nsp] [cacti-user] Graphing Brocade MLXe (and MLX and XMR?) IPv4 and IPv6 interface counters in Cacti

Gerwin Krist -|- Digitalus Webhosting gerwin at digitalus.nl
Mon May 16 16:11:15 EDT 2011

Hi Frank,

Great stuff! When I have some spare time I will test it on our XMRs. Is
it also possible to include 95% graphs? :-)

On 05/12/2011 04:27 AM, Frank Bulk wrote:
> Attached are some templates I created and then exported from Cacti that draw
> on Brocade's private MIB that expose the MLXe's IPv4 and IPv6 counters on a
> per physical interface basis.  This may be handy for those who want to
> create a baseline of IPv6 traffic before World IPv6 Day, both in term of
> absolute byte or packets, or in terms of percentage of traffic.  (Not sure
> if the OIDs are supported on the MLX or XMR platforms and what software
> release it might need).
>
> These are the graphs:
> - IPv4 packets (in and out)
> - IPv6 packets (in and out)
> - IPv4 bytes (in and out)
> - IPv6 bytes (in and out)
> - percentage of bytes that are IPv6
>
> They're 64-bit counters so it should work for higher-rate traffic.
>
> I think I've included all the relevant pieces by exporting from the Cacti
> GUI, but let me know if needed to include the brocade_mlxe_counters.xml file
> in resource/snmp_queries/.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Frank

> Achieve unprecedented app performance and reliability
> What every C/C++ and Fortran developer should know.
> Learn how Intel has extended the reach of its next-generation tools
> to help boost performance applications - inlcuding clusters.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Gerwin Krist
Technical Manager

Digitalus Webhosting
First-class Internet Webhosting

Web:    http://www.digitalus.nl
E-mail: gerwin at digitalus.nl
Tel.:   +31 (0) 598 630000
Fax:    +31 (0) 598 631860

BOFH Wisdom:
Collapsed Backbone

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and