[f-nsp] TurboIron CRC/Input errors

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Nov 1 17:11:44 EDT 2011

Howdy,

While troubleshooting another problem I noticed that the crc/input error counter on one of our Turboiron 24s increments a few every couple of seconds:

The amount of crc/input errors doesn't seem to scale up with the amount of traffic on the interface and the total number if tiny compared to the number of packets:

Received 156698568 broadcasts, 108451187 multicasts, 3166991325637 unicasts
131804 input errors, 131801 CRC, 0 frame, 0 ignored
0 runts, 3 giants

Does anyone know if there is any definitive way of knowing what is causing this?
thanks,
Drew