[f-nsp] 3rd party optics

lausgans at gmail.com lausgans at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 03:35:23 EST 2011

 > Cisco compatible GLC-SX-MM, for example from finisair

Thank you. I recently got another confirmation.

 > what do you mean by DOM?

Optical monitoring. Like this:
"Port Temperature Tx Power Rx Power Tx Bias Current Monitor
4/1 36.8320 C -001.9084 dBm -006.0941 dBm 43.288 mA Disabled
4/2 35.5429 C NONE 0.000 mA Disabled"
I've got info few minutes ago, that Cisco SFP-GE-S should provide DOM,
while GLC-SX-MM not.
The whole mail-discussion was archived, and can be access via web, for
example at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/nsp/foundry/28878 .

End of question. Although all experience regarding 3rd party SFPs in
Foundry equipment will be interesting for me, as well.