[f-nsp] Port-region on MLX and CER/CES

Greg greg at dotkom.ch
Mon Aug 20 13:25:43 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to figure out the hardware port-regions on both Brocade MLX4
and Brocade NetIron CER/CES. The purpose is to set multiple Q-in-Q
point-to-point Layer-2 connectivity toward different locations, but also
use BGP capabilities.

I wish to be able to set the tag-type to a specific value on these
switches, though I cannot seem to find out the port-region setup on these
models.

On NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP will tag-type affect all ports from 1 to 24? On
CER2024F and CES2024F, will the tag-type also affect all these ports? I
have not checked if its tag-type statement or another one.

Many thanks.

Greg