[f-nsp] Redundant routes

Nick Gray ngray at cyberwurx.com
Tue Feb 7 12:49:08 EST 2012

Greetings,

This may be a trivial situation, but I am having a little bit of an
issue with redundant connections for a client.
Here is the setup:
= router1 =
vlan 123
ve 123 with network 10.0.0.0/30

ip route 10.0.1.0/24 10.0.0.2

= router2 =
vlan 123
ve 123 with network 10.0.0.5/30

ip route 10.0.1.0/24 10.0.0.7

I had a sneaking feeling it wasn't that easy though. One of the router
interfaces had to be shut down before traffic properly forwarded to
and from the client.

I substituted values for the interface /30's and /24 in the example
above. My goal is to pass both connections to the client. In the event
one router goes down, traffic can route over the standby router. I am
not sure if I need to set up any type of redundancy protocol in this
setup.

Any tips would be very helpful.

Thanks!