[f-nsp] Foundry configuration auditing tools?

Subba Rao umroute at tanucoo.com
Wed Feb 8 11:46:07 EST 2012

Hi,

We have a few Foundry Routers and Switches which will be audited soon.
In the past I have used Nipper when it was free to assess Cisco network
equipment.  Now Nipper is payware and I cannot convince my managers to
spend some money for Nipper.

Are there any other open source tools/freeware that will perform
security audit on Foundry devices?

Looking at the configuration, the Foundry configuration syntax looks
very similar to that of Cisco.  Can a Cisco audit tool (free tools if
there are any) be used to audit a Foundry devices with reasonably good
results?

Thank you in advance for any pointers and help.

Subba Rao