[f-nsp] MPLS VLL Between Cisco and Brocade

sam-ml at arahant.net sam-ml at arahant.net
Tue Feb 14 05:12:51 EST 2012

We had a similar problem, tried running VLL between a CER-RT (5.2) and a
7600 running SRE and later 15.x. As long as we put untagged traffic on the
VLL everything worked fine, but 802.1q tagged traffic didn't pass even if
we could see ARP. Brocade suggested  to add the following lines to the
config:

tag-value tag2 9100
tag-type cvlan tag2 svlan tag1 bvlan tag1

however this didn’t work for us. We also asked if this will be fixed in
the upcoming code, but apparently this is not going to happen due to an
architectural limitation of the CER platform.

cheers,
--
sam