[f-nsp] Enabling ipv6 on J-BxGMR4

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Feb 16 17:03:27 EST 2012

On 16/02/2012 20:50, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> Even these days I'm not quite sure what the situation is with various
> models we were told were "ready for IPv6" years ago, but turns out they
> need upgrades/premium code, did it in software not hardware, blah blah.

It's even worse with the TurboIron.  The (TurboIron-specific) manual
mentions that ipv6 multicast routing is unsupported, but that ipv6
management is supported.

It then goes into some detail about configuring ospf3 and how IPv6 routing
works on the TurboIron, configuring ipv6 interface addresses, setting up
static routes and all that.  In fact, there are fully two chapters (70
pages) in the manual describing ipv6 routing functionality, and another
40-50 pages where ipv6 gets a mention.

Unfortunately, it doesn't mention that the TurboIron doesn't actually
support IPv6 routing at all.  I.e. there are 70 pages in the
platform-specific manual describing features which simply don't exist on
the platform.

Nick