[f-nsp] Enabling ipv6 on J-BxGMR4

Diederik Schouten dschout at high5.net
Thu Feb 16 17:34:33 EST 2012

This is not really a licensing issue... Brocade can tell you what is and what is not supported when.

I'm quite sure that hardware/software related limitations are know to Brocade System and Support Engineers.
Have you opened a case with support to get this confirmed?

Or did you check the manual?

FastIron 7.3 Configuration Guide
Chapter 19
"Configuring IPv6 Access Control Lists (ACLs)"

Table 134 "Supported IPv6 ACL features"

FCX
there's a note:
"1. IPv6 ACLs are not supported on base Layer 3 software images on the FSX and FCX platforms"

I have to agree that the manuals seem a bit chaotic at times, but when in doubt get it checked by a Brocade SE or by Brocade Support.

Greetings,

   Diederik