[f-nsp] OID for TurboIron PowerSupply

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 11:47:43 EST 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Lutz Knabenreich wrote:

> As far as I know the OID output is 0.5 Degrees Celsius each unit and not
> Fahrenheit, means OID Value 160 turns to be 80 Degrees Celsius.

This is generally correct these days, and has been for some years, but it
is worth remembering that several times during the last 10 years the MIB
has changed between reporting in units of 1 deg C and 0.5 deg C.  On
several occasions we found an upgrade caused our temp readings to double
or half (with mild panic until we looked more closely!).

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.