[f-nsp] link aggreagtion (lacp) with load balancing

Mike Allen mkallen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 23:19:07 EDT 2012

Edward, seems like there is confusion about trunking lately on the
list...:)  So as mentioned in my previous post to the list, there are two
different trunking options in the FastIron code base.  You are already
configured for 802.3ad Link Aggregation dynamically, and your trunk is up
and operational.  You do not need the static trunking, and that is why you
see that error.

As for the hash diversity, it all depends on what your flows look like.  By
default for ip traffic, it uses Source and destination IP addresses, and
source and destination TCP/UDP ports for the hash, so as long as those are
different, you should see outbound traffic spread accordingly.  Note that
unknown unicast, broadcast, and multicast traffic will all usually take on
the first port.  Unicast traffic is what would be load balanced.

Mike