[f-nsp] Asymmetrical routing on ADX

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu May 31 17:24:14 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have recently experienced a problem where performance to a VIP is terrible when the ADX is uplinked to two separate routers running VRRP. TAC suggested that it is because source-nat replies were coming back on a different physical interface than the requests went out on.

In my config I have ports 1 and 3 assigned to the same VLAN with a virtual ethernet attached. If both of the physical ports are assigned to the same VLAN/VE then why would the ADX care which VLAN members the replies return on? That seems to defeat the purpose of having virtual ethernet or L3 VLAN style functionality.

There has to be a work around for this, does anyone know what it is?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab