[f-nsp] BI-RX-16XG

Darius Seroka dariusjs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 15:32:32 EST 2012

Was it a production switch? We've recently had strange issues with multiple
1GE cards on an RX8 that would not pass traffic, wouldnt respond to SNMP.
We ended up rebooting the switch and they all came back. Our version was
2700c. The cards were a bunch of copper cards and optical.

Haven't had issue with our 4x10GE cards as of yet.

Where do the ports end up, do they go to another brocade/muxer/switch.
Perhaps worth looking into link negotiation if it ends up on another vendor
device.

Darius

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Neil Davidson <neil at knd.org> wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck or issues with the Brocade BigIron RX 16-port
> 10GE module? The one we're working with works fine for a few minutes
> then the 10GE ports start flapping mercilessly. Same thing for either
> 10GE-CR SFP+ cables or 10GE-SR SFP+ optics. Using IronWare Version
> 2.8.0c.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help ... n

Regards,
Darius Jan Seroka