[f-nsp] ServerIron ADX and virtual vlan interfaces

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Tue Oct 9 14:14:11 EDT 2012

Hi All, I purchased some ADX 1008's and the standard code base.
I go to add a virtual interface on a vlan and find the command
is missing.  Talk to the Brocade support and am told I need
the premium code to do this.

I'm looking for confirmation from anyone else with experience
with these that that is actually required.  I'm replacing a bunch
of venerable ServerIron XL's that don't need anything special
to do vlan interfaces, and their own specs page suggests you
only need the premium code to do "OSPFv2, OSPFv3, IS-IS,
Multiprotocol BGP".  Of course it also says you need premium
code to do IPv6; perhaps they haven't heard of IPv4 runout or
their target market doesn't include new entities who can't
even get IPv4 addresses.

Frustrated,

David