[f-nsp] Tagged Ports

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Oct 9 13:58:39 EDT 2012

I just remember of something that bit me a while back:

On some of the Brocade devices I have, you have to set "no route-only"
globally for the device to do Layer 2 switching. Note: this command
requires a full device reload (reboot). Without that command (and the
reload), your config looks fine, but doesn't work.

I think this is a great example of a broken default setting. I'm not
against "route-only" as an option, just that it's the default on devices
with a configuration syntax of "switches that also do routing". I assume
that "route-only" is for people who aren't doing switching and either
want to prevent mistakes, or maybe it saves CAM resources?

--
Richard