[f-nsp] Random BGP flaps tied to BFP

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Fri Oct 26 08:43:29 EDT 2012

Hello,

First of all, thank you to all who responded privatly.

As a Follow up, Brocade has identified this as a DEFECT :

"I have gone through our knowledge base and I that there is a *
defect000402393*. This defect states that BFD sessions keeps flapping for
OSPF and BGP due to early detection timer expiry. This brings the protocol
down and also flaps the protocol. Flapping is seen for BFD sessions setup
between 4x10 and 8x10 modules. This will be fixed in SW release 5.400b.

As you are using ISIS as your IGP, this should not affect you. Clearly do
that we have a problem with BFD. Please upgrade when this SW release become
available."

I wasn't able to find this defect in the KB.

Let's see how this one will play out.

Regards.

Y.

2012/10/17 Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr <youssef at 720.fr>

> Hi,
>
> I run them at the minimum allowed by the os.
>
> What values do you use ? Recommend ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Le 17 oct. 2012 à 19:23, Niels Bakker <niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net> a
> écrit :
>
> > * youssef at 720.fr (Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr) [Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:04
> CEST]:
> >> Saw a bunch of BGP sessions (v4 and v6) tied with BFD flap last night
> out of the blue.
> >
> > How tight do you run your BFD timers?  The defaults are rather too
> optimistic for the scheduler in Brocade's software and will lead to such
> flaps, in my experience.
> >

> >    -- Niels.
> >
> > --

Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR