[f-nsp] MLX-CER LAG issues (1 port LACP-BLOCKED)?

Tony Clark tony at cine.net.au
Fri Apr 5 08:15:44 EDT 2013

Thanks Mitchell,

I did test them individually and they came up fine - I also have another MLX talking to a CES using a 2 x 1GE LAG just fine (with 5.4c on the CES and 5.4B on the MLX).  I pulled this one apart and turned it into a static LAG which worked.  Our local Brocade folks will try and recreate this in the lab next week.

Thanks all for the responses!

Tony

On 05/04/2013, at 8:40 PM, Mitchell Warden wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've deployed a 2 x 1GE LAG between a CER ('cor2' - running 5.4c) and MLX
>> ('cor3' - running 5.4b), using identical config.  When I bring up the lag,
>> the secondary port goes into LACP-BLOCKED state and I end up with no LAG.  I
>> feel like I must be missing something here - this works for me between 2
>> MLX's, but there seems to be a subtle difference between the MLX and CER on
>> this issue.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated!
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Tony
>>

> Hi Tony,
>
> I've done a number of MLX to CER LAG's using 10G ports or 1G ports without any trouble.  No unusual config was required (I'm on 5.2). The only visible difference between our configurations is the use of "lacp-timeout short".
>
> I assume those ports come up correctly when not part of the LAG? I would also check the interface settings match exactly. I've had problems with UDLD in particular, which shouldn't be used on LACP ports but is sometimes forgotten.
>
> Cheers.
> Mitchell

tony clark
director - tony.clark at cine.net.au
cinenet - www.cine.net.au
broadband for screen media
address	level 1 / 180 pulteney street
		adelaide south australia 5000
adelaide ph +61 8 8400 6400 fax +61 8 8400 6401