[f-nsp] brocade mlx ibgp to ebgp redistribution

Jimmy Stewpot mailers at oranged.to
Tue Aug 27 18:19:55 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am currently reviewing a network connection where we have a full mesh using ibgp/ebgp across several facilities. Each zone of the network (which usually provides a specific application to the business) has it's own AS..

core-0 - core-1 ve10 - BGP AS 65000
6650-0 - core-0 ve100 and core-1 ve100 - BGP AS 65000
6650-1 - core-1 ve100 and core-0 ve100 - BGP AS 65000
6650-0 - 6650-1 - iBGP AS 65101

The pattern is repeated per zone. The core routers are MLXe's with either ICX 6650's or fastirons. In the topology we have a full mesh between two different AS's which means we have 4 eBGP neighbors and 2 iBGP. In the past this has required me to configure synchronisation to make this work. Is there something similar on the brocade that I am missing? I have been reading through the brocade documentation with little success at finding answers. It maybe that I am looking in completely the wrong area.. some advice regarding the best way to make sure the routes propergate in a timely fashion would be excellent.

Regards,

Jimmy.