[f-nsp] brocade mlx ibgp to ebgp redistribution

Niels Bakker niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net
Tue Aug 27 19:10:58 EDT 2013

* mailers at oranged.to (Jimmy Stewpot) [Wed 28 Aug 2013, 00:35 CEST]:
>Further to my last email I actually hit send before I pasted a few links.
>
>For the MLXe this looks like what I need :
>http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NI_05500c_ROUTING/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#context=L3RoutingGuideR05.5.00c&file=BGP4.03.01.html#1072486

That link goes directly to the index, did you mean the chapter titled
"Redistributing BGP into IGP", http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NI_05500c_ROUTING/BGP4.03.12.html#1072486 ?

You didn't mention any IGP in your original mail, so either that isn't
it or you didn't describe the situation correctly; I'm assuming the
latter since you did mention synchronization, although not in a way
that made much sense.

Normally, BGP will pass on all routes, unless you have
filter-list/distribute-list/prefix-filter/route-maps applied.  The
rest is standard BGP.

I can't envision a scenario where having synchronization enabled and
then redistributing BGP into your IGP (RIP/OSPF/IS-IS) makes sense if
BGP is your IGP, as you sort of claim to be the case for you.