[f-nsp] CAM limit on MLX

Alex HM alex.hm.list at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:31:17 EST 2013

Thanks Jay, Niels.

I can’t find any figures on the capabilities of the MLXe with BR-MLX-MR2-M
management card regarding RIB and/or FIB, thus my concern. Attached is an
extracted table from a CER presentation. I have no clue how these figures
reads as they are crude figures – the datasheet of the MLX mentions 10M BGP
routes but it also state depending on the configuration, so I don’t take
this one for granted.

Although not my primary question, I'd be very keen on aggregating as many
prefixes as possible, especially the polluting /24, since most of these
small networks who usually de-aggregate are doing that on the sole purpose
of tiering their traffic commits for $ reasons. AFAIK it takes hundreds of
hand-written statements and RIR records processing to achieve that. If
somebody has a hit for that too, I am a buyer :-)

--- Alex