[f-nsp] Secondary IP Address weirdness

Lutz Knabenreich knabenreich at hkn.de
Fri Jul 5 16:11:14 EDT 2013

Youssef,

 > Out of curiosity, how much addresses can I configure on interface ? Is it
> also valide for v6 ?

I think you are looking for this command to determine the value in
question for your box:

#sho default values | inc ip-subnet-port

it returns the specified maximum number of subnet addresses per port,
there is no difference made between ipv4 or ipv6 as far as I see. Please
correct me if Iam wrong.

I never tested how many secondary IP addresses can be bound to a single
interface.

Best regards

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Lutz Knabenreich

--
HKN GmbH                     Tel: +49 211 875505-0
Lutz Knabenreich             Fax: +49 211 87550555
47829 Krefeld            mailto:knabenreich at hkn.de

Technik Standort:
In der Steele 29
40599 Duesseldorf

Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Krefeld       HRB 12335
Geschaeftsfuehrer                 Lutz Knabenreich