[f-nsp] mpls + bgp support on NI CES2K

Jeff McAdams jeffm at iglou.com
Sun May 12 14:23:30 EDT 2013

FWIW, I'm pretty sure neither the CES or CER are merchant silicon. In fact, I'm pretty sure the forwarding plane on these guys are FPGA based.

That being said, the CES does have less CAM than the CER does, sip that does limit scalability.  Otherwise the difference is in the licensing model in the control plane.

I'll also say, my message to vendors is consistently that software feature licenses are a negative mark when I'm considering gear. If Brocade/Foundry people are listening, please take this message back to your product management people.