[f-nsp] Serveriron XL vs ADX

Chris Good chris at g2.nu
Mon May 13 13:59:34 EDT 2013

Tamas Csillag wrote:
> Question is: does it make sense to get an old FSB8 (FCSLB8), or the
> codebase on that is useless-ancient compared to an ADX?

In some ways the FCSL8 is better as it is unencumbered by feature licensing.
The codebase has hardly changed in the most commonly used areas and for
anything shy of serious commercial use there is plenty of grunt on the
old boxes.

I suggest getting the 24-port version though so you can trunk up some ports
as it is the 100-mbit cabling that is the biggest limit on them.  The
24 port shouldn't cost you much - the last batch I had we let people have
in exchange for a donation to charity.

Chris