[f-nsp] Q-in-Q on ICX6650 - and "tag-profile"

Jody Botham jody at ask4.com
Mon Sep 30 04:50:51 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Justin Keery <justin.keery at venus.co.uk>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Does anyone have experience with...
> - Running Q-in-Q on the ICX6650, with customer ports on the 6650 itself?

No but do with the FWS which seems to use the same commands.

> - A clear understanding of the "tag-profile" command?

On the FWS, the tag-profile command at a global level creates another
EtherType profile that can be applied to individual ports as you wish by
using 'tag-profile enable' at the interface level (the tag-type command
works on port regions as far as I'm aware).  To use QinQ on the FWS I've
done the following (where 0/1/1 is an uplink and 0/1/2 and 0/1/3 face
customers):

vlan 100 name "Customer A SVLAN"
 tagged ethe 0/1/1
 untagged ethe 0/1/2
!
vlan 200 name "Customer B SVLAN"
 tagged ethe 0/1/1
 untagged ethe 0/1/3
!
jumbo
aggregated-vlan
tag-profile 9100
!
interface ethernet 0/1/1
 port-name uplink
!
interface ethernet 0/1/2
 port-name customer-a
 tag-profile enable
!
interface ethernet 0/1/3
 port-name customer-b
 tag-profile enable
!

aggregated-vlan and jumbo are enabled to ensure there's enough MTU - I've
ran in to issues without both of them enabled.

> The ICX6650 has no port regions, so the usual Brocade approach appears not
> to be supported. The 6650 manual mentions that port regions are a
> requirement - but that the 6650 only has one region! The "tag profile"
> command is barely explained at all!
>
> Any comments appreciated
>
> Thanks!
>
> *