[f-nsp] CAM IP partition warning - Error Help MLXe X 1 million routes

James Cornman james at atlanticmetro.net
Thu Aug 7 13:21:26 EDT 2014

David,

I think ipv4-ipv6 is there really to preserve prior deployments that may
justify any adjustments to the cam-profile. I haven't found anyone who uses
that for any new deployments, unless its just for testing or just very
basic layer3.

In most cases ipv4-ipv6-2 or multi-service-4 (or whatever its called) seem
the most attractive in comparison. This is all in reference to XMR/MLXe.
MLX itself (with or with out -X cards), is a different story.

Also, I think the cards state that they support 1million routes, but I
don't think there is a cam profile for exactly 1million routes for
IPv4..the rest of the capabilities get spread across ipv4/mpls/mac
address/acl's, etc.

SSH at router#show mod | inc S2
S2: BR-MLX-10Gx4-X 4-port 10GbE Module                      CARD_STATE_UP

SSH at router#show cam-partition usage slot 2

CAM partitioning profile: ipv4-ipv6-2

Slot 2 XPP20SP 0:
            [IP] 786432(size),  282381(free), 064.09%(used)

-James

*James Cornman*

*Chief Technology Officer*jcornman at atlanticmetro.net
212.792.9950 - ext 101

*Atlantic Metro Communications, Inc.*

*4 Century Drive, Parsippany NJ  07054*

*Data Centers • Managed Hosting • Internet Access • Cloud Computing*
Follow @atlanticmetro <http://www.twitter.com/atlanticmetro> on Twitter to
learn more about daily specials.
www.atlanticmetro.net