[f-nsp] CAM IP partition warning - Error Help MLXe X 1 million routes

Vinny_Abello at Dell.com Vinny_Abello at Dell.com
Thu Aug 7 15:03:26 EDT 2014

If you want to carry full IPv4 routes, you'll have to use ipv4-ipv6-2, or multi-service-4, however the IPv6 routes on multi-service-4 will probably not be enough for very long. If you're not carrying full routes, you can adjust based on your needs. Just follow the tables in the cam partitioning profiles to find a cam partition that matches your needs, then adjust your system-max values for ip-cache and ip-route accordingly once you have a cam profile that can support what you're trying to set.

-Vinny

---Original Message-----
From: foundry-nsp [mailto:foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of David Hubbard
Sent: Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:39 PM
To: foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [f-nsp] CAM IP partition warning - Error Help MLXe X 1 million routes

Is there a table that shows the values that are used for -X cards with the ipv4-ipv6 and ipv4-ipv6-2 profiles? Only one I could find seems to be for the normal cards
http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NI_05600
_ADMIN/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#href=CAM_part.11.2.html&sin
gle=true

Trying to understand when you'd want to use ipv4-ipv6 vs ipv4-ipv6-2

Thanks,

David