[f-nsp] Routed sub interfaces?

Darren O'Connor darrenoc at outlook.com
Mon Dec 29 14:37:54 EST 2014

I no longer work with Brocades, only in my last job. But I did run into the same issue.
There is no easy way around it.
When we ordered circuits that required vlan tags, we created a database specifically in order that no two links used the same vlan tag. This is only a problem if you're terminating a layer 3 subinterface like this. If the CER is an MPLS PE, then each physical interface can have the same vlan tagged into different VLL/VPLS instances.
There are some workarounds, none of them fun.
1 - When the link comes in, put the subinterface into a VPLS with any vlan tag, then create a VE interface tied to that VPLS. The VE and vlan tags don't need to match. You will of course need an MPLS license for this. We used XMR so had no issue here.2 - Create a VLL to another box doing the actual routing. Same issue as above though.3 - Put another box in front that can do vlan manipulation like a Cisco me3600x and swap the vlan before it gets to the CER.
None of them pretty.
Darrenwww.mellowd.co.uk/ccie