[f-nsp] LSP Metrics

Darren O'Connor darrenoc at outlook.com
Wed Feb 19 05:43:06 EST 2014

For a resilient solution recently I've had two firewalls in two DC's connected to two separate VPLS instances. This is through an XMR core running 5.4E

I've created a TE LSP that doesn't follow the shorted path unlike the primary LSP. I've then set up the second VPLS to specifically use the second LSP.

I only want to use this LSP for this VPLS. I don't want any other traffic using this LSP.

I've set the metric for the LSP to 50000, however other VPLS/VLL instances are still using this path. From the config guide it seems that only BGP and IGPs take note of the metric of the LSP. How is it possible to ensure that a VPLS/VLL will only use this LSP if I specifically request it to do so?

Thanks
Darren
http://www.mellowd.co.uk/ccie