[f-nsp] SSH or Telnet from mlx to mlx

Darren O'Connor darrenoc at outlook.com
Wed Feb 12 04:53:46 EST 2014

I've never been able to SSH from a Brocade XMR.

As an example. I have an SRX enabled for SSH on the port connected to a switch and then the Brocade. If I try to SSH from the Cisco switch, I can log right in. If I try to login via the Brocade, it refuses to work:

SSH at xxxxxx#ssh 10.21.0.180
User name:darreno
Password:
Connecting to remote host......

Connection Closed

Checking the SRX log, I see the following:

*** messages ***
Feb 12 17:43:59  cfxx-xxxxx.xxx sshd[2416]: error: buffer_get_ret: trying to get more bytes 4 than in buffer 0 [preauth]
Feb 12 17:43:59  cfxx-xxxxx.xxx sshd[2416]: fatal: buffer_get_int: buffer error [preauth]

When I SSH in from the switch (same subnet) I log right in with no such message.

Telnet does work though.

I'm currently running 5.4E and keen to get this fixed.

Thanks
Darren
http://www.mellowd.co.uk/ccie