[f-nsp] exceed configured CAM size, larger partition size required

Kennedy, Joseph Joseph.Kennedy at purchase.edu
Mon Jan 27 15:15:51 EST 2014

Darren,

You would be over the limit but it wouldn’t apply until you rebound the rACL’s.  If you run “ip rebind-receive all” or “ip rebind-acl all" the XMR will just unbind any rACL statements that cause the partition to go over the limit(smaller rACL’s after the failed rACL can still succeed). Basically any ip receive statement that fails to bind due to lack of space will be removed from the running config and is no longer applied to any IP interface.

New IP’s won’t be protected until the rACL’s are rebound(at least in 5.4.00e —haven’t tried 5.5 or 5.6) and you won’t know you’re going to go over unless you are monitoring IP interface and access-list statement counts.

You would experience the same behavior if you rebooted without rebinding the rACL’s.

--JK