[f-nsp] Brocade FCX Stack Issue

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Jun 5 08:21:50 EDT 2014

On 05/06/2014 12:58, Jon Maiman wrote:
>   For FCX (and ICX6610 unless you need mixed family stacking) you should
> stick to the 7.3.0 code train.   I recommend going to 7.3.0h.

I'm seeing some bad memory leak issues on 7.3.00h which weren't present in
7.3.00d (on ti-x24 not fcx, so ymmv).  Not sure which exact version they
appeared, but am losing ~5% memory per week on affected boxes.  Haven't
found the root cause yet, but suspect snmp polling.

Also, all versions of 7.3 and 7.4 leak about 4k of memory every time you
run nagios check_ssh against them.  This is fixed in 8.x and there are
plans to fix it in 7.4.00h, but not 7.3.

Nick