[f-nsp] Brocade FCX Stack Issue

salman sadiq salmanravian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 05:12:24 EDT 2014

Hi,
 We were 7.2d and 7.4d before the upgrade. The reason for upgrade was dhcp
snooping bug in 7.4f pre releases. Due to this bug the switch with DHCP
Snooping enabled drops type 4 dhcp packets on untrusted ports. Hence any
client trying to send a dhcp decline to the dhcp server, in our case as a
result of duplicate ip assigment, fails. Thus the DHCP cannot detect a
duplicate IP resulting in the poor client stuck with an ip that it cannot
utilize. The client eventually sends a discover again and the DHCP server
keeps offering the same IP which is already on the network.

We are using the routing code. Have you seen memory leak on 7.4f as well?
The two problems I've seen on 7.4f are
stack sync issues
Arp table having  a lot of entries in "Pending" state.

BR
Salman