[f-nsp] MLXe line card auto-upgrade

Steven Raymond sraymond at acedatacenter.com
Tue Mar 18 10:29:51 EDT 2014

On Mar 18, 2014, at 12:20 AM, Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried line card auto upgrade feature for MLXe ?
>
> Thanks.

Yes, I tested it a bit with 5.5.0c.  It worked, but was somewhat slower than I was happy with.  Meaning, it seemed to take it's own leisurely time to get around to starting the upgrade after inserting a card with old software.  Looks like it took about 5 minutes to complete & bring the card back up, according to syslog reports.  It seems like your source file options are only the local flash or tftp.

I abandoned the auto- process and just did it manually thereafter in my lab chassis.  Does anyone else resent the amount of babysitting required just to bring up an additional linecard after chassis software is upgraded?  I don't want additional headache & time required when swaping a card out probably during an outage.