[f-nsp] Multiple subnets on same VLAN

Wilbur Smith wsmith at brocade.com
Thu Nov 13 14:39:36 EST 2014

Jose,

This is pretty easy on the MLX. This is also referred to as “Super Netting”.

The trick is to create two separate VE interfaces, one for each subnet’s default gateway, then assign both VE interfaces to the same VLAN. You will need to create the VE first before adding it to the MLX’s VLAN.

Config would look something like:

Interface ve 100
Ip address 10.0.1.100

Interface ve 101
Ip address 10.0.1.101

Vlan 100
Router-interface
Ve 100
Ve 101

Apologies for not being able to confirm the exact syntax; don’t have access to a router right now.

Wilbur