[f-nsp] Gracefully remove port from LAG on CER/MLX?

James Cornman james at atlanticmetro.net
Wed Oct 1 11:09:57 EDT 2014

Hey all,

I'm looking to remove one port from an already established LAG group with
1Gbps of traffic on it. I don't want the traffic to just fall on the floor.
I'm wondering if anyone has any confirmation whether disabling a port will
work in any sort of graceful manner, or if I should plan for the worst. I'm
inclined to think it will be service affecting but just curious if there is
some 'magic' to this.

I want to do this on CER platform right now, but also want to know for
general knowledge how this works on MLX platform as well.

Thanks

--

*James Cornman*

*Chief Technology Officer*jcornman at atlanticmetro.net
212.792.9950 - ext 101

*Atlantic Metro Communications, Inc.*

*4 Century Drive, Parsippany NJ  07054*

*Data Centers • Managed Hosting • Internet Access • Cloud Computing*
Follow @atlanticmetro <http://www.twitter.com/atlanticmetro> on Twitter to
learn more about daily specials.
www.atlanticmetro.net